Project Architect / Manager
10+ years experience
Seeking a Project Architect/Manager with 10+ years of experience to lead a team of staff architects and designers. This person shall manage several clients and projects across a broad range of projects including hospitality, mixed-use commercial and higher education. The PA/PM shall possess technical and design skills sufficient to lead a team independently of the principal-in-charge on a day to day basis, design sensibility and…
- Registered Architect
- Minimum ten years’ experience in architectural practice with prior management experience in all phases of projects
- Strong hand and advanced CAD drafting skills. Proficiency in Revit strongly preferred
- Basic knowledge of specification writing preferred but not required
- Strong knowledge of design, technical detailing, building systems and their applicability
- Strong experience in producing high quality construction documents for lump sum bid and GMP scenarios. Demonstrated ability to deliver projects with minimal construction change orders.
- Strong written communication skills for both project related correspondence and project proposals
- Dedication to high quality deliverables
- Dedication to meeting deadlines with appropriate deliverables.
- Ability to lead.
- Manage work of outside engineers and consultants. Proactively manage these consultants to obtain quality deliverables well before our deadlines with clients.
- Conduct concept and schematic design studies using freehand sketching, CAD based studies and 3-dimensional design tools. Working with junior staff to develop design deliverables.
- Undertake programming exercises with clients and user groups. Develop program deliverables as required for each project type and specific client criteria.
- Develop and maintain client relationships through proactively serving the needs of the clients with the highest quality design and construction documents delivered before or at deadline.
- Participate in the specification writing for projects, which is always done in-house except for the most technically challenging aspects of a project.
- Participate and lead business development activities to identify and connect with new clients, and develop the strength of the firm’s public profile to attract potential clients and opportunities
- Provide code review and code related oversight for projects.
- Educate, inform and train younger staff on technical issues and detailing, project and client management strategies, core knowledge of project financials and industry standards of practice.
- Proactively liaise with principals on a daily basis to inform on project development, challenges and propose solutions.
- Maintain awareness of contractual relationships with clients and consultants – actual negotiations are managed by principals. Identify scope creep and assist principal in identifying changes in contract or fee where appropriate.
- Write proposals for new projects.