Seeking a Technical Director with 15+ years of experience to provide technical direction on a day to day basis to a team of staff architects and designers. This person may additionally be the project architect on major projects in the office.
- Work with a team of staff to improve existing Revit templates so as to standardize typical details, nomenclature and presentation formats.
- Develop a library of details for typical conditions of exterior wall systems, roofing, foundations, storefront and curtainwall, stairs, elevators, partitions and other typical systems. Create standards for code sheets, general notes, schedules, etc.
- Oversee on a daily basis the implementation of these templates and details into construction documents.
- Manage a quality assurance process that would include scheduling reviews of milestone sets by yourself or other project architects.
- Research appropriate building systems for projects and guide junior staff in selection of materials and systems.
- Provide guidance on issues concerning code interpretation (zoning and building.)
- Generally, be a mentor and reference source for junior staff.
- Develop and lead training seminars on appropriate topics such as construction administration (general), submittal review, dimensioning, site survey, material selection, etc.
- In the capacity of senior project architect, lead a team of design staff in production construction documents, attend design meetings, write specifications, etc.
- Manage work of outside engineers and consultants. Proactively manage these consultants to obtain quality deliverables well before our deadlines with clients.
- Undertake programming exercises with clients and user groups. Develop program deliverables as required for each project type and specific client criteria.
- Participate in the specification writing for projects, which is always done in-house except for the most technically challenging aspects of a project.
- Proactively liaise with principals on a daily basis to inform on project development, challenges and propose solutions.
- Minimum fifteen years of experience in architectural practice with prior technical leadership role office wide or project specific
- Registered Architect
- Strong understanding of Revit as a production tool
- Specification writing proficiency required.
- Strong knowledge of design, technical detailing, building systems and their applicability
- Strong written communication skills for both project related correspondence and project proposals
- Dedication to high quality deliverables
- Dedication to meeting deadlines with appropriate deliverables.
- Demonstrated ability and desire to lead.
- Desire to train office staff and build technical capacity of the firm
Coscia Moos Architecture requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID 19. All advertised positions are in-office (not remote) unless stated otherwise.