CosciaMoos Architecture is seeking a Director of Marketing & Business Development to support its strategic goals of thought leadership, increasing visibility and brand recognition, while also strengthening and expanding the firm’s client base. Working closely with CosciaMoos’ Leadership, the Director will provide expertise and leadership to implement and enhance the firm’s marketing, communications and business development strategies, contribute to long term strategic planning, and oversee and champion the ongoing efforts of its marketing team. An important emphasis of the role will be to nurture a culture of business development, to oversee the dissemination of internal and external communications, and to provide coaching and mentorship to individuals as they grow into CosciaMoos’ next generation of leaders.
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Reports to: Partners, Sergio Coscia and David Moos
- Provide overall marketing vision and strategy for the firm
- Lead internal communications to promote awareness of marketing and business development efforts among staff at all levels
- Create and maintain marketing, business development and communications budgets
- Oversee Firm-wide marketing policies and procedures
- Lead yearly marketing and BD retreat
- Devise strategies that will lead to successful marketing efforts, project pursuits and teaming opportunities
- Facilitate and inform interview presentation strategies
- Provide oversight and direction on all marketing materials including proposals, print collateral, website, social media, publications and all related communications materials
Business Development Responsibilities
- Lead the development of a firm-wide BD vision and strategy, set goals and direction.
- Develop Business Development/communication plan and determine firm resources required for implementation
- Work directly with Studio leadership to identify and vet specific prospects locally, regionally and nationally, and help build relationships and assemble teams in pursuit of opportunities.
- Work with individual studios to define criteria for “go/no-go” decisions
- Identify, develop, and advance new business opportunities in 5-key market sectors: Health Care, Science & Technology, Commercial & Hospitality, Mixed Use/Multi-Family, and Higher Education.
- Conduct market research to include industry trends, potential clients/partners, and monitor the competitive marketplace
- Mentor staff on their role in business development
- Maintain and develop relationships with other architecture and consulting firms regarding team partnering and other relevant opportunities
- Develop and oversee PR/Communications strategy
- Develop yearly communication, social media and PR plan
- Cultivate relationships with editors, writers, print and online publication
- Manage the communication team focused on execution and promotion
- Curate content and strategic messaging to help further the Firm’s brand
- 8-10 years of experience directing or helping direct business development/marketing and communications programs in the A/E/C industry
- Excellent presentation, research, and written and verbal communication skills
- Evidence of success in client management and new client development
- Excellent consensus-building and negotiation skills
- Experience managing marketing teams
- Proficiency with CRM, Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office
- Travel locally and nationally for BD/marketing when necessary
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a field related to business, marketing and/or architecture
- Interest, understanding and passion for architecture
- Positive Can-Do attitude
- Eagerness to collaborate with and build consensus among a wide range of individuals within the firm
- Genuine interest in mentoring staff in BD tactics and practices
- Interest in enthusiastically representing the Firm to develope relationships with potential teaming partners, allies, collaborators, etc.
Please send cover letter, resume, and writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org
Learn more about our firm at www.cosciamoos.com
CosciaMoos Architecture is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, status as a protected veteran, disability, or any other classification protected by law.
CosciaMoos Architecture is not accepting unsolicited resumes from recruiters, headhunters, search firms or employment agencies.
CosciaMoos Architecture requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID 19.
CosciaMoos Architecture (CosciaMoos) is an award-winning architecture and design firm of approximately 40 professionals based in Philadelphia. Founded in 2010, we work across multiple sectors throughout the United States including healthcare, science & technology, commercial & hospitality, higher education, mixed use & multi-family.
We are a close-knit team that takes great pride in providing exceptional services and connecting with the clients and communities we serve. Our creative, entrepreneurial culture encourages independent thinking, curiosity, redefining traditional approaches, and exploring unique strategies.